For those of you who are not aware, the Sacred Heart Mission in St Kilda assists hundreds of people who are homeless or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. A specific part of the support they offer is their Meals Program that provides hundreds of meals every day to the homeless and disadvantaged.
For a number of years I have always arranged a Chocolate Drive at Christmas (and Easter) to provide the opportunity for one individually wrapped chocolate to be placed on the meal trays during this period of time. This gesture is very impactful to those less fortunate than ourselves, and can make a huge difference to someone’s life.
This year, the opportunity to gain support for this initiative is now bigger than ever. Regardless of where you work or who you are, we can make a real difference together.
Therefore, we are seeking donations of boxes of chocolates, eg favourites, roses, etc. This donation can change the lives of so many people.
Ways you can help :
(1) Donate boxes of chocolates (favourites, roses, etc);
- drop off at the Reception Desk at 203-205 Blackburn Road, Mount Waverley VIC 3149;
- mail directly to Conquer Finance, PO Box 3040, Syndal VIC 3149
(2) Create a collection point in your own office or workspace;
- organise your colleagues to collectively make donations
(3) Offer to be a collection point for others, making it easier for people to donate
- we can share the details via email and Social Media
(4) Organise a fundraiser of your own, eg morning tea, or free dress day and use the funds to buy chocolates for donating;
- forward this information and help spread the word to gain further support;
(5) look out for our FaceBook and LinkedIn posts, then LIKE and SHARE with your own network;
(6) support the Sacred Heart Mission directly via volunteering (individually or corporate groups), fundraising, attending events, etc
Please note, donations are required to be received by no later than COB Thursday 14th December for delivery the following day.
This is a simple and effective initiative and you can make a real difference to so many people who are less fortunate.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss further, please let me know.
Thanks for your support.